If you’ve been asked about the theme of your wedding, chances are music isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. But tunes are often a common thread early in a relationship and can hold a lot of sentimentality for many couples. That’s why a musically themed wedding is a fantastic way to celebrate your love with family and friends. From sock hop to festival to rock concert, a music theme makes for a great way to show some personality with all sorts of touches.
1. Floral Guitar Decor: Add a folksy, Americana touch to a rustic wedding with guitars strewn with flowers. Everyone will be swooning over this romantic touch.
2. Vinyl Record Guestbook: Ditch the traditional guestbook in favor of more interesting options. Case in point: These vinyl records that’ll make guests feel like they’re giving you their autograph.
3. Tambourines as Favors: While tambourines might feel like they belong in a band camp supply closet, we’re here to refute that misconception. The instruments make a great noisemaker following your announcement and make a great favor.
4. Amp Dessert Table: Who says your theme can’t extend to your furnishings? Use speakers of varied heights to create a visually interesting dessert spread.
5. Concert Poster Favors: Take it back to the days of dorm room glory with a baller poster commemorating the best day ever. A poster this sweet could even double as wall art.
6. Victrola Decor: Throwing a vintage-inspired bash? Grab a victrola to purpose as decor, and be sure to play some older swingy classics to really set the mood.
7. Beatles Records as Centerpieces: This Beatles-themed wedding is spot on, even down to the centerpieces. Take the best love songs the foursome recorded and have at it.
8. Festival Passes as Escort Cards: Channel Woodstock with sick backstage-pass-style escort cards that double as a unique keepsake for guests. Bonus points if you arrange your tables by favorite classic rockers.
9. Music Note Cookies: Is there a more delicious way to include music in your wedding? (Nope.) Sweeten the occasion with frosted cookies like these — trust us, no one will be mad at it.
10. Cassette Escort Cards: Take a trip down memory lane to the days when mix tapes were love notes. Reminisce by including these cute cards in your reception.
11. Tape Deck Invitation Suite: Play it up with cassette tape save the dates, invites and RSVP cards.
12. Jukebox as DJ!: Save cash on the DJ by renting a jukebox for your big day. This puts a lot of trust in your guests, but it’s also a surefire way to keep the fun times rolling the whole night long.